Sunday, July 26, 2009

BBQ & Alligator Alley

Today we went to Alligator Alley with the kids from Children's Church. It was really fun! Wayde came along too and had a blast! He wanted to take all the animals home with him. We got to hold a snake and hold an alligator. All the kids held and petted the animals, even Heidi! None of them
were afraid! It was so cool. Also we were there in time for the alligator feeding. So we watched this guy feed these huge alligator whole chickens. They were dead chickens but they were whole, feathers and all! The kids really liked that part also. Alligator Alley is home to the worlds largest captive alligator. They call him Captain Crunch. ( didn't get a pic of him though, he likes to hide! ) He is about 15 foot long and 1000 pounds. Usually they top out at around 12-13 foot and 700-800 pounds. We thought that was neat. He was huge. We did see him but couldn't get a good pic of him. I think I liked the snakes and the lizards the best. They had a lot. They were really pretty. I have some pics of some of the kids and some of the alligators and one of the lizards that I thought was pretty. It is a monitor.














Lastnight we went to Nate and Christy's house for Christy's birthday! She turned the big 30! We had BBQ ribs and veggies. It was really good. Nate is a master at the grill! I have some pics that I took on my phone of Heidi and Annabelle playing dress-up. Heidi is Snow White and Annabelle is Minnie Mouse! All the cousins had fun playing. They swam before it got dark! I'm sure all the kids slept good! I know Heidi did! It has been a while since we all got together, so it was fun. My mom took pics on her camera of all of us when we were holding the snakes and alligator so hopefully I will have those on here soon to share! Tomorrow starts a new week! Not much planned, so we will see!




No comments: