Saturday, July 18, 2009

Been a long time!

So.....a lot has happened in the past 5 months, but not going to tell everything. I feel bad for not posting in such a long time, but I was never good at this sort of thing! I did change the look of my blog a little bit today! I think it's cute! I hope to get some more pics on here soon.
Today is July 18, 2009, what would have been my little sister, Bridgett's birthday. She would have been turning 20 years old. It's a little bitter sweet today. I don't really know what my mood is today. Kinda BLAH! I'm not really sad though. I just really miss her a lot. I was talking to Wayde about it and I told him that a lot would have been different if she were still alive. Aug 6 will be 12 years since she passed away. If she were still alive she would have been in my wedding. She would have gone to prom, and most likely whenever she got married I would have been in her wedding. I don't think about this kinda stuff all the time like I used to when she first passed away. Just every once in a while on her b-day and other holidays. I know she is in a better place. But you know that saying "time heals all wounds"? I don't believe it. It still hurts; not as bad as the day it happened, but it still hurts. Sorry to be depressing on this post. Just some things on my mind today.
On a happy note. I am sticking with my weight loss. I kinda fell off the wagon for a few months but now I'm back. I've lost almost 10 lbs again. (of the weight I lost and gained back) So I kinda had to start back over from scratch. I am determined to make it stick this time! I am on day 5 of Jillian Michael's (The Biggest Loser) "30 Day Shred". It is a really good DVD. It has 3 levels. You start at level 1 then work your way up as it gets easier each day. The first couple days I was really sore, but now the soreness has gone away. I am still on level 1. I think I may move up to level 2 in a few days. The idea is to do the DVD every day for 30 days straight, hence the name! Anyway I am proud of myself because I have been able to get through it every time, so I know my body is getting stronger and stronger. I talked one of my friends into getting the DVD and she is ready to kill me now because she can barely move! : ) That just means it's working I told her!!
So I will try to be more diligent in keeping up the blog. (for Nikki's sake!! lol) I know this is the main way we keep up with what's going on with each other!

No comments: