Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rhinestone Cowgirl!!!!!

My friend Megan (the one in my wedding) entered into the Rodeo Queen Contest here in Foley. It's for any girl in Baldwin Co. though. There are different age groups and she is in what is considered the "Senior Queen" division (19 years and up). This is the first time she has entered anything like this before, even though she has been riding and has owned horses since she was about 5 years old. So, they are judged on a few different ablilities. One is riding of course; each age group has a different pattern they have to do. They have an interview day which consists of rodeo knowledge and other misc. stuff. Also they are judged on their overall appearance. That's where I come in . The Rodeo 'show' shirts (the ones with the rhinestones all over them) run atleast $100-$200 a pop, even on EBAY! And you have to have atleast 3 different shirts for the 3 days of the contest. Somehow Megan got the person phone # of the current reigning Miss Rodeo Alabama, and she called her to ask for tips. Amazingly she was willing to give her tips on some things, and she told her she could make her own shirts for a lot cheaper. All you need is some industrial fabric glue and some rhinestones, or in our case we used sworovsky crystals! Megan found a discount website where you can buy them in bulk. So lastnight I went over there around 8pm and didn't get home until about 4 am this morning; and I only did one shirt. So no wonder those shirts cost so much! It takes forever to make one! Next week is the contest and the week after is the Rodeo. I hope Megan wins. Her horse is a really great horse! He is a blue quarter horse. His name is "Blue" and he's a sweetie. He is trained so well Heidi has ridden him by herself! I will be there with Megan during the contest to help her get ready and there during the rodeo, if she does win so hopefully I will get some pics on here of her in her shirts that we 'bedazzled'!!!! I posted some pics of her and Blue so you can see how pretty he is! Megan will kill me if she knows I posted this pic of her!! : )




No comments: